Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sunday Scribblings - Regrets - 2/1/09


Regrets….yes I have them.

I first thought about making a list. Then I thought would any good come from making that list? Would it make any one of them change? NO, nothing would be different in my life so why should I take the time to relive things I can not change.

If I could erase my regrets, by making different decisions I am not sure I would. I believe changing even one decision would make my entire life different. Everyone I know thinks making changes in their past would make everything better, but it could do just the opposite.

My life is far from perfect, but I have family, people who love me, a roof over my head, enough food (well perhaps too much food),a great dog, many precious memories with a few regrets. I think I am pretty lucky so far.

4 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Sounds fine to me! And you are so right - listing regrets doesn't change a thing..

Understanding Alice said...

a brilliant, positive reponse to sunday scribblings! ps, love the shoes :)

danni said...

what good to make a list??? --- our free will has landed us where we are, and i believe we are just where we are supposed to be at any given point in our lives - your post portrays that wonderfully!!!

myrtle beached whale said...

This post made me immediately think of Back To The Future. Where any small thing they did in the past had a huge effect on the future. I think our life turns out the way it is supposed to. Good or bad. Great post.