Friday, November 21, 2008

Sunday Scribblings - Grateful - 11/23/08


For the past few weeks I have not been feeling very grateful. This makes me mad at myself. I have so many reasons to be grateful, but I have let one thing push me down and cause me to doubt myself and my abilities. I have lost my job.
With Thanksgiving just a few days away, this is the time of the year that everyone is thinking about the good things in their lives, but right now all I can think about is……..I have no job. It is strange to just be at my house day in and day out. I should be enjoying getting caught up on everything and I would be if I was just on vacation, but I’m not.
I am searching the employment sites and sending out resumes, but in three weeks, I haven’t been able to secure even one interview. Sad but true. I am telling myself things will be better tomorrow, but tomorrow comes and it’s the same. I am a sales person, so why can’t I sell myself.
I want to push this problem off my soul and get on with whatever is to come. Over the years I have come to know things will come together when I let them go.
Writing this has made me feel a little better, maybe I should say a little more grateful than I was this morning. Perhaps by Thanksgiving Day I will be able to give thanks and really mean it.

7 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

It's good to put a face to a concept. We hear so much about US unemployment but you're obviously caught-up in it. I feel so sorry.

"Sunshine" said...

It's tough to get a job right now. I almost posted that while looking for employment I was grateful for the time to blog. Keep trying!

myrtle beached whale said...

I, too, am looking for employment, though not very hard. As I see my 401K quickly become a 201K, it is obvious that my retirement is not secure. Good luck with your job hunt. Here at Myrtle Beach, where unemployment is usually nonexistent. Where there are usually help wanted signs on every storefront, they have been replaced by for sale or closed signs. Just lately, I have seen a Sonic and a Church's Fried Chicken OOB.

Linda Jacobs said...

I'm a firm believer that bad things happen for a good reason. Have faith! The right job WILL come along for you.

paisley said...

you are right in thinking that perhaps now is a moment set aside for enjoying what you worked so hard for all of those years...

not only is the job market is tight right now,, but with the thanksgiving holiday upon us as well,, this week just might be, "the week you owe yourself"..... relax,, renew,, be thankful,, and then search for that which lies ahead...

Tumblewords: said...

I am so sorry - this is not a terrific time in US life. Good luck with the job hunt and with knowing that this time, too, will become the past.

*~sis~* said...

best of luck with the job search!!