Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sunday Scribblings - Fearless - 4/13/08

I think fear makes us fearless. I believe all people have at least one “thing” they would protect at any cost! I don’t know what your “thing” is, but I feel sure you have one.

Thank goodness for the many people that have more than just one. I think of our military personnel

and I am so grateful for their sacrifices. They leave their families and homes to protect us. I see
law enforcement officers,

firemen,

and volunteers from many different groups become fearless for you and me.
On the news, I hear about ordinary people finding the courage and unexpected strength to save someone they don’t even know. I read about people who put their fear aside and donate bone marrow and organs to help save lives.

Fear somehow gives us courage and with courage we become fearless.

5 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I like the last line. So very true!

shapely ghosts

Granny Smith said...

I have a phobia about fire. I forgot it when I wrote many of my comments today. I cannot imagine being a fireman and rushing into a burning building. I think I might do it if my child or grandchild were inside, but I surely wouldn't be fearless.

myrtle beached whale said...

I think that soldiers, firemen, and law enforcement people are afraid all the time. I think they just learn to control their fear. I think fear keeps them safe and aware of danger.

Tammy Brierly said...

What a great reminder of our selfless heros.

Lucy said...

very well put! It's ironic but so true that when faced with fear... Fearlessness climbs to the surface... till it's all over... that's when I fall apart.
Nice post Red! :)